Enriched Brown Rice Pudding
This nutritious, enriched rice pudding is equally good as a decadent breakfast as it is as a dessert.
- 180g (1 cup) brown long grain rice
- 750ml (3 cups) unsweetened almond milk
- pinch salt
- 3 medjool dates, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white chia seeds
- to finish:
- 250ml (1 cup) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 organic free range eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 11/2 tsp Herbie’s Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Herbie’s Vanilla Powder
- 35g (1/4 cup) slivered almonds
- 35g (1/4 cup) buckinis (activated buckwheat)
- fruit of choice, to serve
- Rinse the rice under cold water then place in a saucepan with almond milk, salt, dates and chia. Cook over medium heat for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Whisk extra almond milk with eggs , syrup and spices together then stir into rice. Cook, stirring, for a further 10-15 minutes until reduced.
- Top with almonds and buckinis and serve with fresh fruit.
Pudding can be cooked, then refrigerated for up to 5 days and reheated to serve.
Top with a dollop of yoghurt and extra maple syrup.