Coriander Seed Ground
When ground, the dried seeds of coriander blend well with most other spices.
Other Common Names
Leaf: Cilantro, Chinese Parsley, Japanese Parsley. Seed: The seed should always be referred to as Coriander Seed. Botanical Name: (Coriandrum sativum)
Description & Use
Coriander dried seeds are referred to as a spice, and have a mild, lemon-like taste that compliments both sweet and savoury dishes. Ground coriander seeds are found in sweet mixed spice blends for cakes and biscuits, as well as being used to thicken and flavour curries.
Produce of Australia packed in Australia
CORIANDER APPLE CRUMBLE
This recipe is one of Herbie’s favourites, and was created 50 years ago by his Mother, Rosemary Hemphill.
6 peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
4 Herbie’s Spices whole cloves
2 teaspoons Herbie’s Spices ground cinnamon
1 cup plain flour
half cup raw sugar
125g butter or margarine
2 teaspoons Herbie’s Spices ground coriander seed
- Layer the apple slices into a greased ovenproof dish and sprinkle with the cloves and cinnamon.
- Place the flour, sugar and ground coriander seed into a bowl, mix to blend, then rub in the shortening with your fingertips until the mixture is crumbly.
- Distribute the crumble evenly and lightly over the apples. Do not press it down.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with cream, ice-cream or custard.