Once you get in the rhythm of making your own granola you won’t look back. The possibilities are endless and the method is simple. Jars of homemade granola make a wonderful gift and we love ours so much, sometimes we add it to our crumble topping at the end of cooking.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g|
- 200g quality rolled oats (certified gluten free if required)
- 50g raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 40ml runny honey
- 40ml vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Ground Cardamom
- 150g dried apricots and cranberries (or fruit of choice), roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Mix honey, oil and spices in a large bowl then add oats, pumpkin seeds, cashews and coconut, coating thoroughly.
- Line a large baking tray (or two) with parchment and spread out granola mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, stirring once.
- Remove from oven, stir through fruit while still on the tray and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks (can also be frozen).