Cardamom & Cashew Granola
Once you get in the rhythm of making your own granola you won’t look back. The possibilities are endless and the method is simple. Jars of homemade granola make a wonderful gift and we love ours so much, sometimes we add it to our crumble topping at the end of cooking.
- 200g quality rolled oats (certified gluten free if required)
- 50g raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 40ml runny honey
- 40ml vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Ground Cardamom
- 150g dried apricots and cranberries (or fruit of choice), roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Mix honey, oil and spices in a large bowl then add oats, pumpkin seeds, cashews and coconut, coating thoroughly.
- Line a large baking tray (or two) with parchment and spread out granola mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, stirring once.
- Remove from oven, stir through fruit while still on the tray and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks (can also be frozen).