Spiced Mixed Berry Muffins
These healthy muffins also freeze well, so can be taken daily for the lunch box, or saved for a rainy day. The addition of our Fragrant Sweet Spice Blend takes the flavour to the next level, and make your kitchen smell simply amazing!
- 200g wholemeal self raising flour
- 150g plain self raising flour
- 4 tbsp wheat bran or oat meal/flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Herbie’s Fragrant Sweet Spices
- 150g/1 punnet of blueberries
- 150g/1 punnet of raspberries
- 100g/1 ripe banana, mashed
- 270ml buttermilk or skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 80ml vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with papers or grease thoroughly.
- Combine flours, bran, baking powder, sugar, spices and berries in a large bowl.
- Whisk banana, milk, eggs and oil in a separate bowl then add to dry ingredients, stirring until completely mixed.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden then allow to cool before storing in an airtight container or freezing.
Frozen berries can also be used.
Keywords: healthy, muffins, sweet spices, baking