This hearty and healthy rice salad has all the flavour of a paella by using our spice blend. Perfect either as main course salad, or as a side dish. If adding meat, grilled sliced chorizo, chicken or prawns would all work very well.
- 500g brown rice or a mix of brown, wild and red rice
- 1 yellow or green zucchini, finely sliced
- 150g tinned or marinated artichokes, cut into quarters
- 200g piquillo peppers, drained and sliced (or use roasted red capsicum)
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Paella Spice Mix
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook rice until tender, then drain and rinse well.
- For dressing ingredients, combine in a small jar and shake, or whisk.
- In a large bowl, mix rice with vegetables and dressing and season to taste.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.