- 130g medjool dates
- 140g ground almonds
- 80g puffed brown rice
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Ground Desert Oak or Ground Wattleseed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 500g (4 cups) raw unsalted cashews, soaked overnight in water
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 175ml (3/4 cup) maple syrup
- 125ml (1/2 cup) coconut oil
- 125ml (3 large) lemon juice
- 40ml (1) lime juice
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1½ tsp Herbie’s Ground Cardamom
- 1 400ml tin coconut milk
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- For base, blend all ingredients in a food processor until sandy. Press into a 28cm lined springform tin and chill.
- For filling, blend all ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth, about 3 minutes. Taste to see if you’d like more citrus or spice added.
- Pour filling onto the base and freeze for 3 hours.
- For caramel, place the thick part of the coconut milk (pour away the liquid) with sugar and salt in a saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 5 minutes until thickened, then remove from heat to cool before serving.
- Take cheesecake out of the freezer 30 minutes before serving, then pour over caramel, using a spatula to smooth over the top.