Turmeric Chai Mango Smoothie Bowl
A large smoothie bowl is a great start to the day – packing in nutrition and sustenance. There are no rules at all, just add all your favourite ingredients, and a lot less liquid than if you were making an actual smoothie. Of course, we always add some spice to ours!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 400–500g mango cheeks (frozen if you like it chilled)
- 200ml oat milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Turmeric Chai Spice
- 1 tbsp maca powder (optional)
- raspberries, flaked coconut, banana chips, blood orange segments (or whatever you like, passionfruit would be lovely)
- turmeric brown rice crispies (mix 1/2 tsp turmeric with 1 cup brown rice crispies and gently crush)
- Using a high powered blender, combine all ingredients and whizz until smooth (1-2 minutes). Taste for sweetness (fruits will vary greatly) and add some maple or brown rice syrup if needed.
- Serve with toppings of choice.