Easy Pumpkin Risotto
Make a delicious risotto with just a few ingredients using our new Risotto Spice Blend. Pumpkin risotto is always a favourite in the Herbie’s household, but this also works well with wild mushrooms or chorizo and peas (always cook the meat and/or vegetables to taste that you’re adding to the risotto for best results).
- 1 L (4 cups) hot vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Risotto Spice Blend
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g (1 cup) arborio risotto rice
- 300g roast pumpkin
- 1 cup shaved parmesan
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Stir spice blend into hot stock.
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan or casserole, then add rice, stirring to coat the grains in oil, for 2 minutes, then reduce heat to low.
- Start adding the stock a ladle at a time (1/4 cup), stirring constantly. When absorbed, add another ladle of stock. Continue until there is roughly 1 cup of stock left and the risotto has lost the chalky centre when grain cut in half, but still retains some bite.
- Turn off the heat and add remaining stock with cooked pumpkin and half the parmesan. Continue to stir as the remaining stock is almost absorbed (about 2 minutes) but leaving a generous coating so it is not thick and sticky. Serve immediately with remaining parmesan and pine nuts.