Quick Aloo Gobi
This classic Indian side dish can easily become a quick midweek meal, that also happens to be vegan and full of flavour and nutrition (you can add a handful of frozen peas for added veg). We’ve left the skin on the baby potatoes to save time and waste by peeling.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Aloo Gobi Masala Spice Mix
- 400g baby potatoes, halved in necessary for even sizing, skin on
- 300g cauliflower florets similar size to potatoes
- 3 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- juice of 1/2 lime
- fresh coriander, to serve
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add potatoes until nearly cooked. Add in cauliflower for 3-4 minutes so both vegetables are very nearly cooked through. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in another pan, sauté onion in coconut oil over low heat for 3 minutes then add garlic, ginger and spices, stirring to combine.
- Add tomatoes, water, lime juice and cooked vegetables to spice mixture and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes. Season to taste and serve with a sprinkle of fresh coriander.
Keywords: vegan, potato, aloo gobi, vegetarian