Thinking of all our American friends and customers around the world who are having a very different Thanksgiving this year. We developed our Pumpkin Pie Spice specifically for pumpkin pie, however have made a lovely pumpkin yoghurt cake with it this year to celebrate the holiday.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g|
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g (1 cup) soft brown sugar
- 200g (1 cup) cooked mashed unsweetened pumpkin or butternut squash
- 120g (1/2 cup) thick Greek yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 280g (2 cups) self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tub full fat cream cheese (180g tub, 170g cream cheese out of tub)
- 225g (1 cup) thick Greek yoghurt
- 45g (1/3 cup) icing sugar
- 50g (1/2 cup) walnuts, roughly chopped
- 60g (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a 23cm square cake tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale, then add eggs one at a time, beating in between.
- Beat in pumpkin and yoghurt and well combined, then stir in spice, flour and baking soda and mix again until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before icing.
- Beat cream cheese, yoghurt and icing sugar together until smooth then spread liberally over cake, topping with walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
- Cut into 9 generous squares.