Using the popular Herbie’s Spices Butter Chicken mix, these prawns make the most of the delicious flavours and are perfect for parties.
To butterfly prawns, remove the head and shell, leaving the tail intact. Using a small sharp knife, make an incision lengthways down the centre of the back cutting almost right through, remove intestine, and flatten open.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g|
- 20 medium green King prawns, butterflied
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ brown onion, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Spices Butter Chicken Mix
- 200ml plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp mango chutney
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp ground almonds
- 50ml coconut milk
- 80ml single cream
- 2 tbsp coriander, leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
- Prepare prawns, rinse in cold water and pat dry. Refrigerate while making sauce.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and add onion and garlic. Sauté over a low-medium heat for 5 minutes without browning. Add spice mix and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add yoghurt, chutney, tomato paste, almonds, coconut milk and cream. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Do not allow to boil. Turn off heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Coat prawns in butter sauce, without coating the tails and refrigerate to marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a non-stick pan or grill to medium-high and cook prawns for 1-2 minutes each side and transfer to a serving plate. Scatter with coriander leaves and serve immediately.