Smoked Salmon Filo Cups with Black Lime
These delicate canapés are the perfect accompaniment to Christmas bubbles. Use a mini muffin tin for the filo cups and ensure they are assembled right before serving, as the filo will lose it’s crispness quickly.
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- 60g melted butter
- 150g smoked salmon
- 100ml crème fraiche
- 1–2 tsp Herbie’s Spices Black Lime Powder
- Pre-heat oven to 160C.
- Unroll the pastry and lay one piece out and brush with melted butter. Cut into 5 strips vertically, then each strip into 3 squares.
- Lay one square on top of another one on an angle to create a star shape, then push, buttered side down, into the mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until golden brown, which is just enough time to prepare the next sheet.
- Cool on a wire rack then keep in an airtight container between layers of paper towel.
- To serve, place a small dollop of crème fraiche in filo cup, along with a rolled up little strip of smoked salmon and finish with a sprinkle of black lime powder.
- Serve immediately.
Filo cups will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days before serving.