Serves: 6 pieces
Our Louisiana-style seasoning works amazingly with this healthy and flavoursome dish, giving the rice, beans and corn a huge lift. For meat lovers, serve alongside beef, lamb or chicken grilled with a sprinkle of the seasoning.
- 300g (1½ cups) brown rice
- 6 capsicum, top cut off and seeds removed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Creole Seasoning
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 90g (1/2 cup) corn kernels
- 1 400ml tin black beans, rinsed and drained
- green salad, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 170C.
- Rinse rice and cook until tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, sweat onions in a little olive oil until soft, then add garlic and spices. Stir for one minute, then add tomatoes, cooked rice, corn and black beans. Combine well and taste for seasoning.
- Firmly stuff the capsicums with rice mixture, place lids on top, and bake for 40 minutes, or until capsicum is tender when pierced.