Yemeni Spice Blend ‘Hawaij’
A peppery yet not too hot spice blend used in Yemeni cuisine.
Description & Use
Rub on Chicken or seafood before cooking. Contains no added salt, just add salt to suit your personal taste.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information applies only to spice blend.
Simply rub spice blend on chicken with a little salt and pan-fry!
HAWAIJ CHICKEN THIGHS
- 6 chicken thigh fillets (skin on or off)
- 1 Tablespoon Yemeni Hawaij blend
- 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Risoni
- 1 Tablespoon barberries or currants
- 1 Tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Dust chicken liberally with spice blend.
- Cook Risoni as per pack directions, drain and toss barberries, pine nuts, parsley and a little extra oil through.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry spice-rubbed chicken with salt to taste, until well browned and cooked through.
- Drain the chicken and serve on a bed of Risoni.
Cracked black pepper, Australian grown coriander seed ground, cumin seed ground, caraway seed ground, turmeric Alleppey ground, ginger ground, Sri Lankan cinnamon quills ground, green cardamom seed ground, cloves ground