Sri Lankan Curry
A full-bodied, somewhat spicy, classic Sri Lankan style of curry powder.
Other Common Names
Ceylon Curry Powder
Description & Use
For best results, use 2 Tablespoons per 500g of meat, and lightly dry toast in pan before adding oil.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information applies only to spice blend.
SRI LANKAN BEEF CURRY
- 500 g beef trimmed and cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Sri Lankan curry
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 can chopped tomatoes,
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat heavy-based casserole and heat oil.
- Add Sri Lankan curry powder, stir over heat until aromatic.
- Add meat in small batches of 6 to 8, so that all cubes are sealed.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and garam masala.
- Lower heat, cover and cook slowly for about 30 minutes, or 2 hours in 100C oven, until meat is very tender.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Coriander seed, cumin, fennel, chilli, turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, cardamom