Lentil & Dhal Spice
Add flavour to any carbohydrates with this tasty blend.
Description & Use
This Dhal (Daal) Masala adds flavour to all legumes and carbohydrates. This tasty spice blend is based on traditional Indian Dhal recipes.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information applies only to spice blend.
1 can chopped tomatoes
- Drain beans, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Heat ghee, add spice blend, fry 1 minute, stirring.
- Then add in order:
onion puree, tomatoes, yoghurt, beans and reserved liquid, stirring well after each addition.
- Add salt to taste and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little water if it sticks to the bottom.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with rice.
Cumin seed, coriander seed, brown mustard seed, garam masala (fennel, caraway, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, pepper), turmeric, ginger, asafoetida (compounded with rice flour), chilli, garlic