Pepperer’s Guild Spice KitIn Wood Gift Box
Out of stock
In 1180, during the reign of Henry II, a Pepperer’s Guild of wholesale merchants was established in London. It became the Grocer’s Company in 1429, and was granted a charter by Henry VI to sell wholesale, or ‘vendre en gros’, from which the term ‘grocer’ derives.
A selection of special and exotic peppercorns for the pepper enthusiast, all in square glass jars with compound metal lids, in an attractive pine box with a perspex lid. Detailed information sheet included.
The Sturdy Wood Box Contains:
- Melange of Pepper: A special blend of peppercorns used in European cooking.
- Tellicherry Pepper (TGSEB): These Tellicherry, Garbled, Special, Extra Bold peppercorns are from south India.
- Sichuan Pepper: The seed pods from the prickly ash tree, traditionally used in Chinese recipes and essential for a great salt & pepper squid.
- Tasmanian Pepper: Australian native pepperberries from Tasmannia lanceolata, a very hot peppercorn that compliments game, red meats and rich food.
- Kampot Pepper: A ripe-tasting, reddish black peppercorn from Cambodia.
- Pink “Schinus” Pepper: berries from the Schinus terebinthifolius tree. Great in salad dressings, on pate and in casseroles. Not recommended for pepper mills as they tend to clog the mechanism. Allergy Statement: Pink Peppercorns belong to the same botanical family as cashew trees.
- Long Pepper: An aromatic pepper from Indonesia.
- White Peppercorns: For a strong pepper heat without the flavour of black pepper.
- Green Peppercorns: The unripe berry that has been boiled and dried to retain its colour and unique flavour.
- Cubeb Pepper: Also known as tailed pepper, this has a pine-like refreshing flavour and pepper characteristics.
- Australian Grown Pepper: This comes from a pepper farm in Silkwood, North Queensland.
- Super Grade Pepper: This is the greatest of all peppercorns as it has been dried rapidly in a unique and completely natural process that yields a strong piperine flavour, the main compound that gives black pepper its flavour.
Imported and local produce packed in Australia. Pine Wood Box made in China.