A mild tasty curry mix that is ideal with chicken and seafood.
Other Common Names
Captain Chicken Curry Powder
Description & Use
Use in Thai and Asian dishes when yellow curry is called for. Makes a delicious “Captain Curry”.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information only applies to spice blend.
THE CAPTAIN’S YELLOW CURRY
- 8 drumsticks or 8 mixed chicken pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Herbie’s Yellow Curry
- 1 Tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 2 Tablespoons oil or ghee
- 3 Tablespoons red lentils, rinsed
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, sliced, seeds removed
- Mix the curry mix with yoghurt.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, then marinate in curry/yoghurt mix for 30 minutes.
- Gently fry one sliced onion in oil until well browned and caramelised. Set aside.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil and brown chicken well.
- Add remaining onion and garlic, cook for 2 minutes, then add lentils, chilli and 1 cup water.
- Simmer about 40 minutes until chicken is cooked and lentils are soft.
- Remove lid and reduce a little before serving.
Turmeric (Alleppey), coriander seed, paprika, turmeric (Madras), cumin, fennel, ginger, cassia, chilli, cardamom