Turkish Spice Mix
This Turkish style spice mix is redolent with the iconic flavours of Turkey and its Mediterranean neighbours.
Other Common Names
Description & Use
This tasty blend will enhance lamb, chicken, kebabs, pide and vegetarian dishes. Very similar to Greek Taverna Spice.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information only applies to spice blend.
IMAM BAYILDI (The Imam Swooned)
- 4 small long eggplants
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley (40mL)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Herbie’s Spices Turkish spice mix
- Roast eggplants in oven or under flame, turning, until soft.
- Halve lengthwise.
- Peel and chop tomatoes, onion and garlic.
- Place in pot with chopped parsley, spice mix and oil
- Heat and simmer 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Scrape flesh from eggplants, chop roughly and add to tomato mixture.
- Fill eggplant shells with mixture and place on serving tray.
- Spoon extra filling over and around.
Parsley, sumac, aleppo pepper, tomato powder, cumin, spearmint, bay leaves