Tagine Spice BlendMoroccan Casserole
A Moroccan Tagine is a casserole, and this blend provides a traditional flavour.
Description & Use
A Moroccan Tagine is a casserole made in a peaked-lidded, earthenware baking dish, called a tagine.
Herbie’s Spices Tagine Spice Blend is a beautifully balanced selection of spices that compliment tagines style of cooking. Tagines can be made in steel casseroles and slow cookers. The spice blend may also be sprinkled over pieces of chicken, pork or red meats, seasoned with a little salt to taste and then grilled, barbecued or pan-fried.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information applies only to spice blend.
LAMB SHANKS TAGINE
- 8 lamb shanks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 6 dates (optional)
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 3 onions, chopped finely
- 1 can tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons garlic puree
- 4 tablespoons Herbie’s Spices Tagine Spice Blend
- salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- Coat shanks with Tagine spice blend and seal lightly in hot oil.
- Place in a large ovenproof pot, add vegetables, and remaining spice mixture and liquids.
- Cover with lid or foil and gently bake for one and a half to two hours in a moderate oven, or until meat is very tender.
- Serve with couscous, or with cooked potato cubes and cauliflower florets quickly fried together in olive oil with whole cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
Paprika, Coriander Seed, Cassia, Allspice, Chilli, Cloves, Green Cardamom