Spice Tonic Friendly Spices
Friendly spices for your wellbeing. Stir into fruit juice, milk or yoghurt.
Description & Use
Take control of your well-being! Stir up to one teaspoon into a glass of fruit or vegetable juice, or add to yoghurt, for a great start to the day. Sprinkle over chicken or fish before cooking for an exotic Moroccan flavour.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information applies only to spice blend.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN B’STILLA
- 500g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion grated
- 1.5 Tablespoons Spice Tonic
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 3 eggs beaten with a pinch of salt
- 4 sheets Filo pastry
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 Tablespoon ground almonds
- 1 Tablespoon icing sugar.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Bring stock to boil with chicken, onion, 1/2 teaspoon Spice Tonic & garlic.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove chicken, boil stock rapidly and reduce to 3/4 cup (about 20 minutes)
- Chop chicken finely, set aside
- Stir beaten eggs into reduced stock, stir constantly until scrambled
- Remove from heat & stir in chicken
- Combine almonds & 1 tsp Spice Tonic, set aside
- Layer filo into greased ovenproof dish, brushing each one with melted ghee & rotating each sheet by 45 degrees, overlapping dish edges
- Place filling over pastry, fold over-lapping pastry over top, brushing with ghee and sprinkling with almond/spice mixture
- Bake 20 mins, then invert onto baking tray & cook 10 minutes more
Turmeric (curcumin), beetroot powder, sweet paprika, cassia, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, cloves, lemon myrtle, green cardamom