Pumpkin Pie Spice
A spice blend specially made for traditional American Pumpkin Pie.
Other Common Names
Mixed Spice, Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie.
Description & Use
Use in the pumpkin pie recipe on pack, and in fruit cakes, puddings, and fruit desserts. Sprinkle over mashed banana or fruit pancakes.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information applies only to spice mix.
- 3/4 cup granulated (castor) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 420g can (15oz) pumpkin puree (or 2 cups pureed pumpkin)
- 1 350mL can (12 fl oz) evaporated milk
- 1 sheet uncooked sweet pie pastry
- Heat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Gently press pastry into a 9″ (22cm) pie dish and trim.
- Whisk sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Add spice, pumpkin and evaporated milk and whisk well to combine.
- Pour pumpkin filling into pie shell.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until just set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours or until reaches room temperature.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
cassia (baker’s cinnamon), coriander, Sri Lankan cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves