Rib Spice Mix
A delicious blend of spices for making succulent and tasty ribs.
Other Common Names
American Rib Seasoning, Spare Ribs Spice.
Description & Use
Use this tasty spice mix for American ribs, pork spare ribs, or beef short ribs. This delicious combination of spices can also be used as a general-purpose barbecue rub.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information applies only to spice mix.
- 2 racks American pork ribs (approx 1.5 Kg)
- 1-2 Tablespoon Rib Spice
- 3 Tbs tomato ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Rib Spice
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- Sprinkle ribs with spice and rub well over both sides.
- Cover and set aside for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 160 C, place ribs in pan and cover with foil.
- Cook in oven for 1 hour.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- After 1 hour, increase oven to 210 C.
- Remove foil from ribs, brush sauce over one side and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Then turn ribs and brush sauce over the other side, return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cut through between rib bones.
Serves 2 with sticky fingers!
Cumin, Black Pepper, Sweet Paprika, Salt, Onion, Coriander seed, Cassia, Ajowan, Nutmeg, Allspice, Fenugreek Seed, Green Cardamom, Chilli (Chipotle & Teja), Ginger, Cloves