Description & Use
Mixed Spice is a blend of spices that is generally used in sweet dishes such as fruit cakes, shortbread biscuits, fruit pies and most sweet, baked items. May be used when a recipe calls for a Hot Cross Bun Spice, Pumpkin Pie Spice or Apple Pie Spice.
EASY SPICED SHORTBREAD
- Melt the shortening in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Add sugar, stir well, and mix in the flour and spices.
- Press into a well-greased shallow baking tray, sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired, and bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the shortbread into squares and cool in the tin.
- Turn out when cool, and store in an airtight container with a vanilla bean.
Coriander Seed, Cassia, Cinnamon Quills, Nutmeg, Allspice, Ginger, Cloves