Many years ago Herbie was asked to develop a spice blend that reflected the vibrant suburb where Herbie’s was established. This blend has continued to be popular for it’s versatility on seafood, meat or vegetables. It has earthy undertones with a bright Asian flavoured finish.
Cooked quinoa, chickpeas or pearl couscous can replace or be added to the freekeh.
- 2 lamb backstraps
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Balmain & Rozelle Spice Mix
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150g baby rocket
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise with a vegetable peeler
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cooked freekeh
- 250ml plain yoghurt
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Spices Balmain & Rozelle Spice Mix
- Blitz dressing ingredients and season to taste.
- Combine salad ingredients and toss gently in dressing. Assemble on serving plates.
- Heat a grill or heavy based pan with oil, and cook lamb fillets for 4-6 minutes per side, then rest for a further 5 minutes. Cut into 1.5cm slices and serve on salad.