This super nutritious salad can be served cold, warm or hot with a miso stock as a soup. We have made a zingy dressing with ginger and our Spice Tonic, which is a great dressing for any type of salads or drizzling over grilled seafood or chicken. Buckwheat noodles are gluten-free and available in most large supermarkets and Asian stores.
|Nutritional Information||Per 100g|
- 200g buckwheat noodles
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1 carrot, spirulised or julienned
- ½ cup edamame (soy beans)
- handful of cooked spinach or silverbeet
- half punnet of micro coriander or sprouts
- 1 tsp Herbie’s toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey (or vegan alternative)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp Herbie’s Spice Tonic blend
- pinch salt
- Cook buckwheat noodles to manufacturer’s instructions, and rinse well under cold water.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together (remaining dressing can be kept in a jar in the fridge for 3 weeks).
- Toss noodles in half of the dressing then assemble salad bowl by placing noodles in the base, then arranging vegetables on top.
- Drizzle over remaining dressing and sesame seeds.