Treat Dad this Father’s Day with a classic roast beef fillet. There is no going back once you have tried our incredible new American Spicy BBQ Rub, which is also wonderful on roasted vegetables. This beef can be served warm, or cold up to 2 days later. Serve this with our hasselback sweet potatoes or baharat pumpkin.
- 1kg beef fillet, trimmed, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s American Spicy BBQ Blend
- ½ cup horseradish cream, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 230C. Cover beef with oil then roll in the spice blend, pressing it on coat thickly.
- Place beef on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes, turn over, and cook for a further 15 minutes for rare (for medium keep in the over for a further 10 minutes).
- Remove and cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.