Persian Greens with Fresh Herbs
The perfect accompaniment to a roast shoulder of lamb, or whole baked fish. This dish is full of fresh herbs, zingy black lime and the earthy undertones of our Persian Spice Blend.
- 1 small brown onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 Herbie’s Black Lime, pierced a few times with a skewer
- 1/2 tsp Herbie’s Persian Spice Blend
- 1 bunch silverbeet, washed and roughly chopped (end of stem removed)
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- In a large casserole dish or pot, sweat onion over low heat for 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for a further minute, before adding lime and spices.
- Add silverbeet and half the herbs and spring onion along with 1 cup (250ml) water. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced and silverbeet is very tender (about 20 minutes).
- Taste for seasoning, then stir through remaining herbs and spring onion to serve.
Can be prepared up to stage 3 the day before, then finished with fresh herbs the next day to serve.