Pea Hommous with Seeded Crackers
We love adding crunch and texture to dishes with seeds and spices, and have topped this fresh pea hommous with our bread maker’s seed mix, and made gluten free crackers to go with it, adding some turmeric for flavour and colour. Hemp seeds are now available in Australia, and work really well with these other seeds and spices. You could try using our Salad Sprinkle on dips too.
- 125g (1 cup) buckwheat flour
- 15g (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 70g ((1/2 cup) sunflower seeds
- 70g (1/2 cup) hemp seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp Herbie’s Bread-Maker’s Seed Mix
- 1/2 tsp Herbie’s Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 150ml boiling water + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 400ml tin of chickpeas, drained
- 160g (1 cup) frozen peas, at room temperature
- 2 sprigs mint, leaves picked
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- hemp seeds, bread-maker’s seed mix and mint leaves, to serve
- For crackers, heat oven to 150C.
- Combine all dry ingredients and then add water and oil. Mix to a firm dough, then line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and spread dough onto it. Top with another sheet of greaseproof paper, then using a rolling pin, roll dough until it is 2-3mm thick and evenly spread out.
- Remove top layer of greaseproof paper and score lines where you would like to cut the crackers (roughly 6cm square).
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and remove to cool before breaking apart. Once cool, crackers can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
- For hommous, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Check for seasoning and serve with desired toppings. Can also be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.