Paleo Seed & Spice Bread
This gluten, dairy and nut-free bread is made all the tastier with our Bread-Maker’s Seed Mix, and is best when made into toast.
- 135g (1 cup) sunflower seeds
- 70g (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 70g (1/2 cup) linseed
- 40g (1/4 cup) black or white chia seeds
- 150g (1 cup) milled buckwheat
- 1/4 cup (15g) psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Bread-Maker’s Seed Mix
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 350ml water
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir salt, water, coconut and oil and honey (if using) together in a jug, then pour into dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
- Line a 22 x 12cm loaf tin with baking paper and fill with bread mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Heat oven to 180C and bake bread for 30 minutes, then carefully remove from pan and baking paper and bake directly on oven rack for another 20-30 minutes until golden all over.
- Place bread on a wire rack until completely cooled before slicing.
- For best results, store slices in an airtight container or bag in the freezer.
To save time, weigh out two or three batches of dry ingredients and store in an airtight container until needed.
Use your choice of nuts, seeds and grains to make the bread your own, just keep the total weight roughly the same.