Native Spiced Beef, Mushroom & Haloumi Skewers
Our Bush Tucker Rub has a deep, distinct flavour of Australian native wattleseed, along with saltbush, pepper leaf and lemon myrtle. These unique flavours complement the beef, mushrooms and haloumi perfectly. Add any selection of vegetables to the skewers, the possibilities are endless.
- 500g lean beef, cut into 5cm cubes
- 100g brown button mushrooms
- 250g haloumi, cut into 3–5cm pieces
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Bush Tucker Rub
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g salad leaves, to serve
- Combine meat, mushrooms and haloumi in a bowl and coat thoroughly in rub spices and oil. Can be now covered and left to marinade overnight, or assembled onto skewers straight away.
- If using wooden skewers, ensure they are soaked to prevent burning, or thread onto metal skewers.
- Heat a bbq or grill to medium-high and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until meat is cooked to desired level.
- Serve with lightly dressed salad leaves, or put into pita bread with hommous.