Moroccan Hasselback Sweet Potatoes & Chickpeas
We love the ‘hasselback’ method when roasting root vegetables, the thin slices allow seasoning to get right inside while baking with extra crispy edges. We’ve added our Super Ras el Hanout which goes perfectly with sweet potato, chickpeas and fresh herbs. This is a great accompaniment to barbecued sumac lamb fillets or had simply as a vegetarian meal with salad.
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cooked or tinned chickpeas
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Super Ras el Hanout
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- to serve:
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup coriander and parsley
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- To hasselback the sweet potatoes, cut at 0.3mm intervals nearly to the base, but not cutting through.
- Place sweet potatoes and chickpeas in an oven-proof dish then rub in spice blend and oil to coat thoroughly.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and chickpeas are crisp.
- Drizzle tahini and yoghurt and top with pumpkin seeds, pine nuts and herbs.