Serves: serves 6
These fritters also freeze well and make a hearty lunchbox option. Make small bite sized fritters for picnics or little people and serve with hommous.
- 2 eggs
- 140ml milk
- 200g self raising flour
- 500g puy lentils, cooked until tender and drained
- 250g haloumi, cut into 1cm dice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Herbie’s Sumac
- 2-3 tbsp rice bran oil, for frying
- hommous, tomato, onion and extra sumac to serve (optional)
- Whisk eggs, milk and flour together to make a smooth batter.
- Stir in cooked lentils, haloumi, tomato paste and sumac until well combined.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan and ladle in batter for desired size. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve a stack with hommous, tomato, onion and sumac.
- If freezing, allow to cool completely.