This traditional unbaked cheesecake gets a taste of Australia with a wattleseed and macadamia base and fresh lemon myrtle cream cheese filling. It makes an impressive dessert when entertaining visitors from overseas!
- 210g digestive biscuits
- 85g cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Spices ground wattleseed
- 120g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp gelatine crystals or 5 sheets
- 3 tbsp water
- 500g full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 120g caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Spices ground lemon myrtle
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest plus extra to serve (optional)
- 250ml table (18%) cream
- For base, blitz biscuits, macadamias, vanilla bean powder and wattleseed in a food processor until fine crumbs. Tip into a bowl and mix with melted butter until well combined. Press this into the base of 23cm springform pan using the back of a spoon to compact firmly. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Warm gelatine in water over low heat until dissolved, then add with cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon myrtle and lemon zest in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth then beat in cream.
- Pour filling over base and refrigerate for at least 4 hours to set before serving.