Kale & Chickpea Korma
This is a lovely, nutrition-packed light curry. Of course, you could add chicken, fish or lamb, but we love the hearty chickpeas as our protein in this dish. To make this vegan, use coconut yoghurt instead of regular plain yoghurt.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Herbie’s Korma Spice Blend
- 250ml (1 cup) plain yoghurt
- 30g (1/4 cup) ground almonds
- 4 leaves of cavolo nero or kale, sliced
- 2 400ml tins (or 500g/3 cups) cooked chickpeas, drained
- 75g (1/2 cup) frozen peas
- pistachios, chilli & coriander, to garnish
- white, wild or brown rice, to serve
- Heat coconut oil and add onion over low heat for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and ginger for a further minute.
- Stir in spice mix to make a paste, and add yoghurt, combining thoroughly.
- Add almonds, kale and chickpeas and bring to a simmer, stirring, until leaves have wilted. Add frozen peas and season to taste.
- Serve with garnishes and rice.
To make crunchy curry chickpeas to garnish, remove some of the chickpeas from curry and roast at 200C until golden, about 10 minutes.