Juniper Roasted Trout with Fennel & Orange Salad
We love the pine-like aroma of juniper with seafood, which also goes well with the fruit in this quick and easy salad.
- 2 trout fillets
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Juniper Berries, lightly crushed
- 2 handfuls of mixed leaves
- 1 large (or two small) orange, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 large (or two small) bulb fennel, very finely sliced
- 4 new potatoes, skin on, boiled until tender and halved
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Rub juniper berries onto fillets and season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Wrap lightly in foil and place on a baking tray. Cook for 12-15 minutes until flaking easily.
- Combine salad ingredients and dress with a little olive oil. Arrange on a plate or plates and top with trout.