Japanese Yaki Udon Noodles
The perfect dish for any night of the week, using as many vegetables as you can, adding some of Herbie’s Katsu Curry Mix for depth of flavour. This version is vegetarian, but adding leftover pork or chicken is great too.
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Katsu Curry Mix
- 600g udon noodles
- 12 shitake mushrooms, soaked in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- Heat wok to high; add oil, curry mix and noodles, stirring continuously while adding vegetables (except bean sprouts), mushroom soaking liquid, soy and mirin. Once combined, allow noodles to sit on base of wok for 30 seconds to char then stir again, repeating once or twice. Serve immediately with bean sprouts on top.