Hot Ginger Prawns
The flavour in this simple dish is absolutely incredible. Our new Sogeri Wild Ginger from Papua New Guinea, combined with freeze dried green peppercorns, makes a tantalising and zingy marinade for the prawns. The herbs are an excellent addition, but if you don’t have them handy, the prawns alone are great.
- 16 green king prawns, peeled and de-veined, tails intact
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Sogeri Wild Ginger Powder
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Freeze-Dried Green Peppercorns
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- herb salad:
- 2 cups Thai basil leaves
- 2 cups coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve (optional)
- Pound ginger powder, peppercorns and garlic cloves in a mortar and pestle to create a paste, then coat prawns and leave to marinade, refrigerated, for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a wok to high with coconut oil, then add prawns and all of the marinade. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until prawns are opaque. Turn off heat and stir through herbs, if using.
- Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice, or as part of a banquet.