The same marinade can be used for a whole, bone in leg of lamb cooked in the oven.
- 1.2-1.4kg lamb leg, butterflied
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Spices Greek Seasoning
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ bunch dill (plus extra sprigs to serve)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup (125ml) tahini
- 100g feta
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Rub spice mix into the lamb on both sides, then place in a plastic bag with lemon, rosemary, garlic, dill and olive oil. Tie the bag up tightly and marinade for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- For sauce, combine ingredients and blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Heat a barbecue to a medium temperature. Remove lamb from marinade and cook for 12 minutes per side (ideally with lid down on barbecue). The cooking time will depend on thickness but this should yield a medium rare result. Take lamb off the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes, covered, before carving.
- Serve with lemon wedges from marinade and fresh dill, if desired, and tahini feta sauce.