- 1 packet round gyoza wrappers
- 1 227g tin of water chestnuts, drained
- 1 small chicken breast (approx 200g), roughly chopped
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp Herbie’s Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- soy sauce, to serve
- Herbie’s Korean Red Pepper Flakes, to serve
- Place water chestnuts, chicken, ginger, spring onion, sesame oil and Chinese 5 spice in a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Place 6 gyoza wrappers on a chopping board and place a teaspoon of mixture in the middle of each wrapper. Have a glass of water to hand, and dip your finger in and run it around the edge of each wrapper. Bring the edges together and push to seal, leaving a flat base.
- Continue with remainder of mixture. The gyoza can be covered in cling film and refrigerated until needed.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan and add gyoza. You want the bases to go really brown. Then add 4 tablespoons of water and cover the pan with a tight lid. Leave to steam for 3-4 minutes, turning heat down, then off.
- Serve gyoza with soy sauce and red pepper flakes and eat immediately.
- Makes 20-25.