Cajun Chicken Ranch Salad
Cajun food originated in the southern states of America and is synonymous with spice and flavour, and our classic Cajun Seasoning is great on all types of meat and seafood. Ranch dressing, which is popular all over America, is a tasty buttermilk and herb dressing.
- 4 chicken marylands, skin on (approx 350g each)
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Cajun Seasoning
- 3 baby cos lettuce, sliced into 2cm ribbons (approx 500g salad)
- 250ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Herbie’s Dill Green Tips
- 1/2 tsp Herbie’s Parsley Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Herbie’s Chives
- 1/2 tspHerbie’s Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 160C. Make three scores in the chicken skin, then brush chicken pieces with melted butter and rub in cajun seasoning.
- Heat a griddle pan or bbq and cook chicken skin side down for 7 minutes until browned, then 5 minutes on the other side. Turn skin side up and place griddle pan into oven, or transfer to a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes to cook through.
- Blitz dressing ingredients together and dress salad to serve.
To serve as one large salad, crumble some crispy bacon through the salad and slice chicken and place on top of lettuce.
Leftover dressing will keep for one week in an airtight container in the fridge.