Cuisine: South American
Serves: 2 as a meal
Enjoy our South American take on mushrooms and eggs using our Brazilian spice blend. Try adding chorizo, spinach or avocado, or make a large batch in a roasting tray and bake the eggs on top when feeding a crowd, serving with soft tortillas.
- 600g large portobello mushrooms, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp Herbie’s Brazilian Spice Blend
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large free range eggs
- micro coriander, to serve (optional)
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add spice blend and mushrooms and saute for 5-8 minutes until tender. Stir through red wine vinegar and salt and cook for a further minute. Mushrooms can be kept warm at this stage.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry eggs until they are cooked to your liking. Place on top of mushrooms and garnish with micro coriander and a pinch of Brazilian spice blend and serve immediately.