Braised Zucchini with Barberries
We like to serve this as an accompaniment to simple grilled meats in summer, and the dish is perfect either hot, at room temperature or cold, so perfect for picnics too! For a vegetarian feast, serve with Puy Lentil & Pomegranate Salad and Haloumi with Za’atar and Oregano.
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 5 tbsp (75ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 zucchini, cut into 3–4cm pieces
- 1/2 preserved lemon, rind only, cut into tiny dice
- 20 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Barberries
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Heat a large heavy based saucepan over low heat and add garlic and oil, stirring for five minutes until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Add zucchini, preserved lemon, mint, barberries and salt, stirring to combine, then place a lid on the pan.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes on low, stirring every 5 minutes, until zucchini is tender.
- Serve immediately or chill for serving later.