Barbecue Tandoori Chicken
Easy weekend entertaining.. everybody loves the tantalising flavours of tandoori, and a bit of char from the barbecue makes them even better. Serve as they are with raita, or with a green leaf, mango and lime salad, or just wrap in soft naan bread.
- 700g chicken breast or tenderloins, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Tandoori Spice Mix
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) tomato paste
- 185ml (3/4 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Raita Spice Blend
- 1 lebanese cucumber, cut into .5mm dice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- mint leaves to serve, optional
- Mix marinade ingredients together then add chicken pieces and cover thoroughly. If there’s time, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Mix raita ingredients and season to taste, set aside or chill (this can be done up to 1 day ahead).
- Thread meat onto skewers and heat a barbecue to medium.
- Cook chicken for 5 minutes each side, until tender and cooked through, with a little blackening on the marinade.
Try this recipe with lean cubes of lamb, or shelled green prawns, adjusting cooking time accordingly.
These make a great canapé on small skewers.