Serves: 16 brownies
These yummy brownies are going to be our Easter chocolate indulgence this year. We love the hint of star anise with the earthy chocolate, and who can go past something served with pretty rose petals on top?
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 20cm square tray with baking paper.
- Melt 200g chocolate with butter in a glass bowl placed over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted and remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, star anise, pine nuts and extra 25g chocolate chunks until combined, then add eggs and sift in flour.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then cool in the tray on a wire rack before turning out and cutting into pieces.
- Serve scattered with rose petals.