Fish Cake Spice Mix
This tasty blend will enhance the flavour of fish.
Description & Use
This tasty blend will enhance the flavour of fish, whether pan-fried, grilled or made into fish cakes. Australian native spices give it a fresh, lively flavour.
Blended and packed in Australia from imported and local ingredients.
Nutrition information is for spice blend only
Try this easy recipe:
500g potatoes ( approx 3 medium) peeled and quartered.
400g smoked cod (approx 2 pieces)
- Boil potatoes until tender, approx 12 minutes.
- Mash with butter.
- Meanwhile poach fish until it flakes easily.
- Drain, remove skin and any bones and flake fish into a bowl.
- Add onion, chilli (optional) and capers, stir in egg yolk and spice mix.
- Form into patties – makes 8 large or 10 medium patties.
- Place polenta in a shallow dish, roll fishcakes to coat.
- Heat oil in pan, add fish cakes and cook until crisp on both sides.
Coriander seed, sumac, fennel, mace, ginger, lemon myrtle, dill, parsley, Australian native pepperberry