For those of you that know our popular ‘Balmain & Rozelle Spice Blend’, it’s having a name change to ‘Sydney Spice‘. We feel this blend represents the vitality and diversity of our great home city, with a combination of spices including kaffir lime, lemon myrtle, turmeric, cumin, ginger, caraway and chilli. It pairs wonderfully with vegetables and seafood in particular.
If Beluga lentils aren’t available, omit altogether or use another small nutty pulse.
- 4 salmon or ocean trout fillets
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Sydney Spice
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Sydney Spice
- ¼ cup Beluga lentils, cooked until tender
- half bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- finger lime pearls, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Prepare salmon by dusting with spice mix and a squeeze of lemon juice. Wrap loosely in baking paper and place on an oven tray. Set aside while preparing cauliflower.
- Halve cauliflower and cut small florets off one half and toss in 1 tsp spice mix and 1 tbsp olive oil. Bake on an oven tray for 20 minutes or until golden. Salmon can now go in the oven for 15 minutes.
- For cauliflower rice, blitz remaining cauliflower (stems included) until broken down into rice sized grains.
- Heat remaining tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté garlic until fragrant. Add last tsp of spice mix with cauliflower and cook over medium heat, stirring until golden. Stir through lentils, coriander, lime juice and roasted florets.
- Serve salmon with rice and extra lime wedges.