Serves: 8 slices
This honey-rich cake is perfect with our mixed spice and a touch of cardamom – the kitchen is guaranteed to smell amazing! Serve warm with thick cream or yoghurt for a divine Autumnal dessert.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line and grease a 20cm springform pan.
- Beat butter, sugar and honey until creamy, then add eggs one at a time, beating well. Stir in orange zest and milk.
- Fold flour and spices into batter until smooth, then pour into prepared tin. If using pear, arrange on top, pressing gently into cake.
- Bake for 35-40m until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Stand for 10 minutes before removing from tin, and serve warm or at room temperature.