Herbies Spices Recipes
The classic hot and sour Thai soup, made more accessible by using dried Herbie's ingredients.
1 tablespoons fish sauce
3 slices Herbie’s Spices Galangal Slices
1 chilli, chopped finely
½ teaspoon Herbie’s Spices Lime Leaf Granules
½ teaspoon chopped lemongrass
100g button mushrooms, halved
12 peeled king prawns
coriander leaves to serve
- Place 1 litre hot water in a large pot.
- Add fish sauce, galangal, chilli, lime leaves and lemongrass.
- Bring to the boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and prawns.
- Simmer until prawns change colour.
- Serve in bowls with coriander leaves sprinkled over.
To make a one-bowl meal, place freshly-cooked Asian noodles in the bases of the bowls and pour the Tom Yum soup over. The combination of sharp, hot and fresh tastes is particularly invigorating.