Herbies Spices Recipes
1 tablespoon butter or oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1 whole chicken
50 g lean bacon, chopped into 1 cm dice
18 button mushrooms, wiped
1/3 cup white wine
2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
1/3 cup pouring cream
salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Joint the chicken and use the carcass to make a broth for another occasion.
- Melt butter and saute spring onions and carlic over low heat until softened.
- Increase heat and add chicken to brown.
- Add bacon, mushrooms, wine and herbs, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until thickest part of chicken is cooked.
- Stir in cream, remove lid, and simmer a further 30 minutes to reduce.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.